COMPETITION: Australian Ductwork Services Dance Off
The Gold Coast Titans and Australian Ductwork Services are looking for the best dance schools to perform at CBUS Super Stadium in the Australian Ductwork Services Dance Off competition - the winning group will take home $5,000 at the end of the season!
See below for all the competition details and how to enter.
- Dance schools to submit video entry via the Titans website by 12 February, 2020.
- A panel of judges will then choose eight (8) groups to perform at Gold Coast Titans Home Games in 2020 (referred to as “regular round performances”).
- The two dance schools with the most Facebook likes at the conclusion of the regular rounds will move into the semi-finals.
- The dance school with the most Facebook likes out of the two semi-final performances will be deemed the winner of the competition, and invited back to perform at the last home game of the season, and receive $5000 from Australian Ductwork Services.
- Round 2/Sunday 22 March – Performance #1
- Monday 23 March Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Thursday Midnight 26 March
- Round 3/Sunday 29 March – Performance #2
- Monday 30 March Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Thursday Midnight 2 April
- Round 7/Friday 24 April – Performance #3
- Tuesday 28 April Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Friday Midnight 1 May
- Round 10/Saturday 16 May – Performance #4
- Monday 18 May Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Thursday Midnight 21 May
- Round 12/Thursday 28 May – Performance #5
- Monday 1 June Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Thursday 4 June
- Round 14/Friday 12 June – Performance #6
- Monday 15 June Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Thursday 18 June
- Round 17/Saturday 11 July – Performance #7
- Monday 13 July Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Thursday 16 July
- Round 20/Saturday 1 August – Performance #8
- Monday 3 August Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Thursday 6 August
- Round 21/Saturday 8 August – Semi Final 1
- Monday 10 August Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Wednesday 12 August
- Round 24/Sunday 30 August – Semi Final 2
- Monday 31 August Video Uploaded – Voting opened until Wednesday 2 September
- Round 25/Saturday 5 September – Winning school to perform and receive cheque
Rules/Regulations – Inclusions
- Performance submissions will be accepted after 20 February if there are still games available for performances.
- Successful dance groups will be notified by email regarding games available for them to perform. If no available dates are suitable to the dance group, then they forfeit their opportunity to perform at a Titans home game.
- Groups to find their own transport to their assigned game.
- Groups will be assigned tickets under the following conditions:
- Tickets will be provided for dancers and supervisors only (30 tickets max provided per group. Any additional tickets will need to be purchased, or arrangements made with the Gold Coast Titans);
- Discounted tickets will be available for group supporters (Gold Coast Titans Ticketing Department will work directly with groups to ensure all tickets are located together).
- Groups will receive a $300 (incl GST) appearance fee for regular-round and semi-final performances.
- Performance will be no more than 3 minutes in length and will take place pre-game.
- Performance are to be family-friendly – no overly provocative performances.
- Competition open to open-age and senior dance groups
- Dance schools will be required to perform a different routine in the semi-finals to their regular-round performance.
- If any groups are found to have purchased “likes” to affect the voting, they will be automatically disqualified from the competition.
- If a school is not available to perform at one of the two semi-final dates available, they forfeit their place in the semi-finals and the opportunity to win $5000 from Australian Ductwork Services.
- The dance school with the next highest number of “likes” will then be invited to perform at the vacated semi-final date.
- All groups will be required to submit an invoice to the Gold Coast Titans to receive their performance fee.
- Due to the short turnaround in between the voting closing date of semi-final two and the last home game, it will be an expectation that both dance schools involved in the semi-finals make themselves available to perform at the last home game.
- You have read and agree with the Terms and Conditions of this competition