Titans are proud to stand up, speak out and act to prevent men’s violence against women. Show your support this White Ribbon Day, take the oath at whiteribbon.org.au.
Aquis Gold Coast Titans charity partner White Ribbon, is Australia's only national, male-led campaign to end men's violence against women.
The campaign works through primary prevention initiatives involving awareness raising and education, and programs with youth, schools, workplaces and across the broader community.
Violence against women is a serious problem in Australia where:
- Over 12 months, on average, one woman is killed every week as a result of intimate partner violence.
- A woman is most likely to be killed by her male partner in her home.
- Domestic and family violence is the principle cause of homelessness for women and their children.
- Intimate partner violence is the leading contributor to death, disability and ill-health in Australian women aged 15-44.
- One in three women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence perpetrated by someone known to them.
- One in four children are exposed to domestic violence, which is a recognised form of child abuse.
- The cost of violence against women to the Australian economy is estimated to rise to $15.6 billion per annum.
- One in five women experience harassment within the workplace.
- One in five women over 18 has been stalked during her lifetime.