Titans TV caught up with Jarryd Hayne inside NSW camp earlier this week.
1. Well Jarryd, congrats on selection again, how has the opening to the camp been?
It’s been good. It’s always good to see the boys and get back into camp. It’s been good to get back up here at Kingscliff into some sunshine, it’s pretty cold in Sydney.
2. Been on the big stage plenty of times during your career, but where will next Wednesday rate?
It’s definitely going to be one of the biggest. I have played in a decider up here (Brisbane) before and that didn’t go to plan. Hopefully this one is a little different.
3. NSW have been able to maintain the same side in each match this series. How much will that benefit you guys this week and in the match next week?
Just with video sessions and team meetings, it is good to have the same group of guys around. You can adjust things and it just happens quicker.
4. By your own admission it wasn’t your best game in Game 2. What are you hoping to get right next week?
I think I hurt myself more than anything. I just need to get out there and do my job.
5. You’ve had back-to-back quality games in Titans colours. How has that helped your confidence coming into camp this week?
Things are going really well. We’ve managed to string a few together and whilst we’ve got the bye this week it makes it hard but the guys will be ready to rip and tear the following week.
6. Your little mate Peatsy is going into his third game this series. How happy for you are him and the way he has performed at this level?
Yeah, he’s been great. He’s enjoyed it and embraced it. We all knew he was made for it and his performance in game one really cemented his spot.
7. For the fans at home, game day and it’s a long day until kick-off. How does Jarryd Hayne spend the day?
I like a sleep-in. I try and get through to about 8.30 or 9, get up, have a bit of breakfast and then we go on our team walk. After that it’s lunch, bit of FIFA or cards and then I try to have another sleep. Once I wake up it’s time to put the suit on and then she’s on.