Titans TV caught up with hooker Nathan Peats in NSW camp.
1. Well Nathan, congrats on selection once again, how have preparations started this camp?
It’s been pretty cruisy, we haven’t got up to much so far. I’m looking forward to a big week though.
2. You’ve been outstanding in both games so far, how is the body and mind holding up?
The body is ok for a change and I feel ok. We’ve had a couple of games for the Titans but I’m holding up ok.
3. You’re new to footy at this level. Are you proud of yourself and the way you’ve approached it, and performed?
It is a big step up obviously. It’s tough both mentally and physically, especially after a loss when you’re down and then trying to get up to put in a good performance for the Titans.
4. NSW have been able to keep the same side for the third time in a row. How will that help your prep and then ultimately in the game?
Hopefully it’s a bonus. I think it is the first time it has happened for 20 years or something so the coaching staff have shown a lot of faith in this group, especially after the loss. Hopefully we can go out there and get the job done.
5. We’ve seen you notch up the 50 tackle stat a lot recently. How are you keeping yourself going during games at the moment?
It’s been a little tough but I think last week against the Dragons it was only in the mid-30s. Every now and then you get a game like that but I’m used to doing a lot of work in defence. Unfortunately I didn’t have much luck with the genes from my parents and it’s the only position I can play.
6. There was a bit of pressure on your team-mate Jarryd Hayne coming out of Game 2. How do you think he has gone the last fortnight at club level?
He’s made a statement the last few weeks. He was really keen to back-up after that second game and I think he got the man of the match award and then had some silky touches last week as well against a top eight side.
7. Next Wednesday, around 10pm. How proud will you be if NSW can get the job done?
I’d be pretty proud. It was tough game two and will be next week as well. I wouldn’t mind knocking the froth off a few after a win next week.