You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Sharks NYC side have continued their winning ways, defeating the Titans 32-12 at Cbus Super Stadium.

Two early tries to the Sharks layed the platform and the trend continued through the match with it being five tries to two, at the end of 80 minutes.

The young Titans started the match the better but were held up over the line on two occasions in the opening five minutes. After the early raid in attach, the Titans struggled to transfer it into defence, with the Sharks going the length of the field on the return set, to open their account. The try was scored by centre Joshua Tuilagi who burst through a gap and stepped off his left foot, before scoring. Kyle Flanagan converted, to give the visitors a 6-nil lead.

It was the Sharks who went over again five minutes later in the north-west corner through Sione Katoa that hurt the home side. Flanagan had packed his kicking boots, converting from the sideline, to extend the lead out to 12-nil.

Captain Billy Magoulias was next to cross for the visitors to round out the scoring in the first half. It was a bust through the middle, with the lock forward going over. Flanagan again converted, extending the lead out to 18-nil after 25 minutes.

It was the Sharks who continued to press hard in the opening 10 minutes of the second half and with a number of penalties going to the visitors, they chose to extend the lead beyond three converted tries. Flanagan converted from 15m out, to put the Sharks in front 20-nil.

Five-eighth Ethan Roberts opened the scoring for the Titans in 59th minute when he sliced through, going over to score under the posts. It was a much needed try and one that the young Titans needed to start their run with. Tyronne Roberts-Davis converted, closing the gap to 20-6.

It was all to no avail when the Sharks crossed six minutes later. Interchange player Eddie Faalua was the scorer and Flanagan continued to kick well, converting, with the scoreboard now reading 26-6.

A mid-field break by Briton Nikora finished the Titans off with three minutes left on the clock. Nikora busted through the line on his own 40m line and managed to get around the cover defence, crashing over to score. Flanagan converted, the score now 32-6.

With just one minute left on the clock, Roberts took the ball to the right and turned it back on the inside for centre Daniel Brownbill he flew on to the ball and went straight through the defensive line to score. Roberts-Davis converted as the full-time sire sounded to close the gap, to 32-12.  

SHARKS 32 (Tuilagi, Katoa, Magoulias, Faalua, Nikora Tries; Flanagan 6 Goals)


TITANS 12 (Roberts, Brownbill tries; Roberts-Davis 2 Goals)

At: Cbus Super Stadium