Titans outside back Jesse Arthars has been rewarded for his form to open the Intrust Super Cup season with selection in the Queensland Residents team to play New South Wales at Dolphin Stadium next Sunday.
Featuring an array of talent from the Intrust Super Cup, the Queensland team will enter camp on the Gold Coast tomorrow.
“We’ll give the players a freshen up early in the week because they’re all obviously coming off club footy,” Queensland coach Jon Buchanan said today.
“Our aim is to get everything right with our preparation to give us the best possible chance against a very strong NSW team.”
The Queensland line-up will feature a host of Residents debutants, with Billy Walters, Nat Neale, Patrick Kaufusi and Mitch Cronin the only players backing up from last year’s 36-20 loss to NSW Residents in Sydney.
Buchanan said he was pleased with the overall strength of the team and its strike power in key positions.
“There’s a number of really good players who have missed out, which is what can happen when you’re picking a team like this out of the Intrust Super Cup,” he said.
“In consultation with the QRL and fellow selectors, we’ve made every effort to provide an opportunity for players who have been involved in Queensland’s junior pathways.”
Queensland Residents team:
1. Jesse Arthars - Burleigh/Titans
2. Richard Kennar - Wynnum Manly/Broncos
3. Connor Broadhurst - Norths
4. Delouise Hoeter - Wynnum Manly
5. Izaia Perese - Redcliffe/Broncos
6. Billy Walters - Easts/Storm
7. Sam Scarlett - Wynnum Manly
8. Corey Jensen - Townsville/Cowboys
9. Harry Grant - Sunshine Coast/Storm
10. Nat Neale - Ipswich
11. Patrick Kaufusi - Easts/Storm
12. Keenan Palasia - Wynnum Manly
13. Tom Gilbert - Townsville/Cowboys
14. Mitch Cronin - Wynnum Manly
15. Tino Fa/asuamaleaui - Sunshine Coast/Storm
16. Brett Greinke - Easts
17. Darryn Schonig - Sunshine Coast
18. Nathan Watts - Redcliffe