AJ Brimson arrived at the Gold Coast Titans in 2013 at 15 years of age with big footballing dreams.
Yesterday, he signed a contract that will see him stay at the Titans until at least 2026, so to say he loves the place is an understatement.
Born in Brisbane before the Titans came into existence, Brimson now dons the number 1 famously worn by club legend, Preston Campbell.
Brimson completed his schooling at Keebra Park before graduating the 'Junior Titans System' and making his NRL debut in 2018.
His star has continued to rise since that time and he went on to make his State of Origin debut in 2020 and is now one of the most popular players on the Coast.
It has been a fantastic ride so far, but it is still only the beginning.
Alexander 'AJ' Brimson - The Journey so far....
- 2013 - AJ joins the Junior Titans System as a development player
- 2016 - AJ makes his debut in the Titans NYC (U/20s) competition
- 2017 - He shares the Player of the Year award with current NRL teammate Moe Fotuaika
- 2017 & 18 - AJ plays for the Queensland Under 20s side
- 2018 - Debut NRL game against the Melbourne Storm in Indigenous Round
- 2019 - Brimson plays for Australia at The Rugby League World Cup Nines tournament
- 2019 - Brimson is added to the 'Emerging Origin' Squad for Queensland
- 2020 - AJ suffers fractures in his back and misses 2/3 of the season
- 2020 - AJ returns with vengeance - leading the Titans to five wins to finish the season
- 2020 - Brimson makes State of Origin debut for Queensland and scores in a Queensland victory. He also suffers a foot injury, ruling him out for remainder of the season.
- 2021 - AJ re-signs with the Titans, extending his stay to at least 2026