You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Second half Sea Eagles blitz gives Manly the win at Cbus

It's an old rugby league cliché, but this really was a game of two halves.

In the first half, it was all Gold Coast.  In the second, they barely touched the ball as Manly stormed home to win 56 points to 24 in front of 14,408 fans at Cbus Super Stadium.

it was an inspired start.  A late change saw Tino Fa'asuamaleaui moved to prop, with Tyrone Peachey starting at lock and the pair had a huge impact in the opening minutes.

Peachey created the first chance for the Titans, rolling a kick into the in-goal with Brian Kelly chasing.  The ball was bobbled by Jason Saab and it was Tom Trbojevic who cleaned up.

Penalties for ruck infringements saw the Titans have repeat sets close to the Manly line and it was Peachey putting boot to ball again that set up the first points of the afternoon.

A lovely grubber into the in-goal had Jayden Campbell racing after it, with the fullback able to ground the ball for his first NRL try.

Manly hit back through their fullback, with Tom Trbojevic showing how dangerous he can be to finish off a nice left hand side move by the Sea Eagles.

Turbo had another a few minutes later as he jumped over the top of Campbell to collect a bomb that fell 10 metres out from the Manly line.  Another missed conversion saw Manly lead 8 points to 6.

The fullback battle was worth the entry price. 

A similar high ball contest saw Campbell under pressure again and he quickly put the Titans back into attack with a line break that marched his team down field.

Erin Clark finished the set with a kick into the in-goal that was cleaned up by Saab - the Manly winger unable to get back into the field of play.

Campbell made another half break and the Titans showed their danger with ball in hand.  

In was through the air that created the chance for the Gold Coast, with Ash Taylor putting a low bomb across to the right hand side of the field.  Sam Stone contested and was able to tap the ball back in a great piece of play.  The ball fell to Fogarty, who hit Greg Marzhew on the wing who crossed to score.

 Off the next set, it was David Fifita who stretched his legs with a big run down the left hand side.  A repeat of the bomb that led to the last try went up and this time it was Patrick Herbert contesting.  With two Manly players leaping, the referee deemed the visitors had knocked on and the Titans had another chance.

Four minutes later, the Titans crossed again and it was almost a mirror of the previous try.  Campbell rolled a kick nice kick into the in-goal, this time it caught a ricochet and bounced into the hands of Patrick Herbert who scored.

There was one more try left in the half and it came through David Fifita.

Peachey capped off a great first 40 minutes with another deft grubber which Fifita raced through to pounce on.

The Titans were perfect with ball in hand in the first half, completing at 100%.

Leading 24 points to 8 at the halftime break, it was Manly who struck a double blow early in the second half.

Jason Saab crossed in the 43rd minute and Reuben Garrick went in two minutes later.

With both conversions missed, the Titans led 24 points to 16.

The Sea Eagles had a run of possession and they were able to capitalise with a third try, Saab's second, in the 52nd minute.

The winger finished off a nice kick from Cherry-Evans, the Manly skipper playing his 250th game, to reduce the margin.  Reuben Garrick kicked his first conversion of the night to reduce the margin to just two points.

Garrick had a double after 55 minutes, with the winger finishing off a nice play down the left hand side to give Manly the lead.  The Titans defence moved in to shut the play down and the Sea Eagles were able to hit the unmarked winger with a long ball.

Straight off the kick-off, Manly went 90 metres and almost had a try of the year contender.

Taniela Paseka, hitting the ball up off the kick-off, wrecked his way through the defensive line and barged down field.  He kicked back in-field and the bounce favoured Dylan Walker.  Manly looked set to score, but a desperate Mitch Rein shut the play down.  Tom Trbojevic picked up the ball and looked to have a third try.  With four players in the tackle, the fullback muscled his way across the line.  The try was given on field but on review it was deemed that he'd dropped the ball.  Phillip Sami was called off-side in trying to stop Trbojevic and Manly had a penalty and another chance to attack.  Immediately they scored, again it was a move to the left and Garrick had his third.

Denied early, Tom Trbojevic didn't take long to get his third.  In a play you'd expect from a forward, Trbojevic demanded the ball one-out off the ruck and just powered his way through the defence to score.

The converted try saw Manly go out to a 38 points to 24 lead with 17 minutes remaining.

The same move again lead to points.  Trbojevic making the extra number on the left and the ball finding Garrick who had his fourth.

Starved of the ball, the Titans finally touched the Steeden with 15 minutes left on the clock.  

Haumole Olakau'atu had another for Manly and the visitors hit 50 in what was a second half blitz.

Cherry-Evans had the final say, with this try perhaps their best of the afternoon.  Dylan Walker split the Titans defence and when challenged by Campbell, flicked a ball back for his captain to score.

Most since Matt Orford in 2007