You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Isaako golden-point magic ices memorable victory

Jamayne Isaako put the magic in Magic Round with an epic 88th minute four-pointer to seal victory against the St George-Illawarra Dragons on Saturday night.

A mighty Jarrod Wallace try levelled the contest in the 73rd minute and then after a wet, gritty and tough extra-time period, the flyer snapped a five-game losing streak with a four-pointer to remember. 

In the game of the round so far, it was a see-saw affair with the Titans grit showing late as they hung in the game and eventually went on to win.

Inch-perfect Isaako try wins it

It’s no surprise Tino Fa’asuamaleaui lifted for the big occasion at Suncorp, showing his aggression early with a bellringer on Jack de Belin.

Fa'asuamaleaui stuns De Belin

The skipper’s intensity set the tone early for the Titans to draw first blood in only the seventh minute when AJ Brimson crossed the chalk first after a classy kick from his halves partner to setup proceedings.

Toby Sexton kicking towards the left edge to a flying Phil Sami, who batted the ball back to Beau Fermor – who was able to wriggle through the Dragons’ defence before finding Sami again, drawing outside defenders to allow Brimson to cross untouched.

Brimson in the right place at the right time

For the next 15 minutes, the Titans dominated the contest with 90 percent of possession, frustrating St George’s defence whilst allowing the Gold Coast’s spine to play together once again after last running out together over a month ago.

Mathew Feagai scored the equaliser for the Dragons in the 21st minute, but it sparked the blue and gold troops to regroup and go on the attack again, which led to further points in the 28th minute through Beau Fermor crossing for his fourth try of the season thanks to a perfectly-timed Sexton grubber kick.

The Dragons on the other hand thought the back-rower had lost it, with Tyrell Sloan almost running the length, before an admirable effort play from Jayden Campbell pulled his opposite number down with 20 metres to go.

Determined Fermor puts the Titans in front

But the points-scoring play was green lighted by the Bunker to give the Titans a 10-4 lead.

Campbell tried a sneaky field goal just before half-time, but was waved away to keep it a six-point ball game for the final 40 minutes.

After both sides gave it their all to in the wet and windy conditions at Suncorp, the Dragons were able to level the scores in the 55th minute with de Belin crossing to make it 10-10.

The Red V went back-to-back in the 69th minute when Moses Suli crossed, but this fired up Wallace to crash over and lock the game up with a barnstorming try in the 73rd minute.

Wallace helps get Titans level

As the rain poured down, both teams tried their absolute best for the one-pointer, but to no avail, sending it to golden point.

It took eight minutes of extras to get a result, but finished with the try in the corner to Isaako to clinch the Titans' third victory of the season, much to the delight of many of Titans fans.

Fresh from the win, the Gold Coast head back to Cbus for Super Hero Sunday against Cronulla.

Acknowledgement of Country

Gold Coast Titans proudly acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we are situated, the Kombumerri families of the Yugambeh Language Region. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging, and recognise their continuing connections to the lands, waters and their extended communities throughout South East Queensland.