Ten of the Gold Coast's brightest future stars will represent their state in the upcoming Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League National Championships, kicking-off at Redcliffe on Saturday.
Fresh from the recent Under 19 Origin clash in Sydney, Josiah Pahulu and Seth Nikotemo will headline the six Future Titans selected to play in Queensland's Under 18 school side, which also includes exciting talents Keano Kini, Josh Lynn, Arama Hau and Immanuel Kalekale.
Fellow development prospects Dallas Ingram, Luke Jones and Nelson Makaafi will be in action with the Queensland Under 15 side and Max Liles will take to the field in the New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges Under 18 side.
After a forced hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the week-long event is back from July 2-8 at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe.
In addition to championship glory, Under 18 players will also use the week as a chance to push for their selection in the Australian Schoolboys team ahead of their test match later this year. The Australian Schoolboys team is recognised as part of the NRL's elite pathway development, and it is in this capacity that the annually-selected team dons the green and gold colours of Australia.
The Gold Coast have celebrated plenty of success on the Australian Schoolboys front over the last few years, as recently as seeing three Titans selected in the 2021 Merit team, including Ryan Foran, Tom Weaver and Jack Cullen.
Action commences on Saturday with the Queensland Maroon Under 15s and Queensland Under 18s in action, before seeing all teams in action from Sunday onwards.
2022 ASSRL Championships Schedule
Saturday, July 2
- 3.00pm — U15: Queensland Maroon v NSW CHS
- 4.30pm — Opening ceremony
- 5.45pm — U18: Queensland Secondary Schools v Australian Capital Territory
Sunday, July 3
- 9.30am — U15: QLD White v NSW CIS
- 10.40am — U18: NSW CCC v Combined Affiliated States
- 11.50am — U18: NSW CHS v NSW CIS
- 1.00pm — U15: ASSRL Goannas v Northern Territory
- 2.10pm — U15: Western Australia v Victoria
Monday, July 4
- 10.30am — U15: Australian Capital Territory v NSW CIS
- 11.40am — U15: NSW CCC v NSW CHS
- 12.50pm — U15: Victoria v Northern Territory
- 2.00pm — U15: ASSRL Goannas v Western Australia
Tuesday, July 5
- 9.20am — U15: QLD White v Australian Capital Territory
- 10.30am — U18: Selection Match 1
- 11.40am — U15: NSW CCC v QLD Maroon
- 12.30pm — U18: Semi Final 1
- 2.00pm — U18: Semi Final 2
Wednesday, July 6
- 10.30am — U15: Northern Territory v Western Australia
- 11.40am — U15: ASSRL Goannas v Victoria
- 12.50pm — U15: Pool A Semi A
- 2.00pm — U15: Pool B Semi B
Thursday, July 7
- 10.30am — U15: Pool B 3 v 4
- 11.40am — U15: Game X Group 2 (2 v 3)
- 12.50pm — U18: Selection Trial 2
- 2.00pm — U18: Selection Trial 3
Friday, July 8
- 9.30am — U15: Loser Semi A v Loser Game X
- 9.30am — U15: Loser Semi B v Winner Game X
- 10.40am — U15: Pool B Championship Final
- 12.20pm — U15: Pool A Championship Final
- 2.00pm — U18: Championship Final
- 3.45pm — Closing ceremony and naming of 2022 Australian Schoolboys