It was a proud effort from AJ Brimson in Melbourne, throwing his all in the Titans' toilsome 32-14 loss to the Storm in Round 21.
The Gold Coast five-eighth ran for 140 metres and played his hand in two tries, four tackle breaks as well as a line break and line break assist in the performance.
Match: Storm v Titans
Round 21 -
Venue: AAMI Park, Melbourne
Cameron Munster marked his return to fullback on Friday night as a late inclusion in the No. 1 position to cover for the injured Nick Meaney and didn't disappoint, scoring 20 points all up thanks to his three tries and four conversions.
The win may have come at a cost with Storm star halfback Jahrome Hughes leaving the game with a shoulder injury, as did Titans hooker Aaron Booth was succumbed to a knee concern early in the first half.
Hughes, who suffered the injury late in the first half and played through to the break before being taken from the game, will have scans on Saturday, while the Storm will also wait to see what comes of Brandon Smith being placed on report for a hip-drop style tackle on 28 minutes.
The Storm did most of the damage in the first half, outscoring the Titans 22-10, before crossing for a further two in the second half to win their second match in a row.
Fermor strikes back
Inside the opening 15 minutes the Storm were twice held and had new loan signing David Nofoaluma drop one over the line, but were soon up 10-0 thanks to tries from returning winger Xavier Coates and Munster.
When Kenny Bromwich added a third on 22 minutes the Titans looked in big trouble, but managed to fight back with much-needed tries from Beau Fermor and Herman Ese'ese.
Munster's second finished the first-half scoring.
Ese'ese gets the Titans second
Brian Kelly's try three minutes into the second half set the scene for a Gold Coast comeback, but the last-placed Titans struggled to take advantage of their opportunities from that point on and eventually allowed the Storm to finish over the top.
A third for Munster capped off a fine night at the office which included 235 run metres and nine tackle breaks, with Young Tonumaipea adding one last try for the Storm in the final minute of the match.
Kelly pounces on a Brimson kick
- After being a late inclusion at fullback, Cameron Munster starred with three tries and 252 run metres, with his additional four conversions leaving him with 20 points on the night. He now has 11 tries in 10 games against the Titans.
- Jahrome Hughes suffered a shoulder injury late in the first half of his 100th game for the Storm and didn't return. He will have scans on Saturday to determine the damage.
- The Storm led 22-10 at half-time.
- Winger Xavier Coates had a strong return to action following an injury which kept him out since round 12, scoring a try and running for 109 metres.
- Titans hooker Aaron Booth left the field with a knee injury on 14 minutes.
- In his first game back from a three-game suspension Brandon Smith was placed on report for a hip-drop style tackle in the first half
- The Storm have won their past eight games against the Titans.
The Titans have a long break now before hosting the Sea Eagles next Sunday at Cbus Super Stadium.
Match: Titans v Sea Eagles
Round 22 -
Venue: Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast