The Gold Coast Titans have today helped to unveiled the region's latest sporting franchise – the Gold Coast Tritons triathlon team.
The Tritons will compete in the expanding Major League Triathlon (MLT) in the USA.
Titans CEO Graham Annesley, and former Titans stars Brenton Lawrence and Anthony Laffranchi joined Triathlon Australia CEO Miles Stewart and Olympian Brooke Hanson to officially launch the Gold Coasts newest sporting franchise.
The Tritons kick off their MLT campaign against six teams from across the USA on July 21st.
Featuring a host of the sports rising stars, the Tritons will compete against eight professional teams from Australia, Canada, the USA and Mexico.
The Triton a mythological Greek god, the messenger of the sea.
The Major League Triathlon rounds
- Round One: Atlantic City, New Jersey (July 21, 2018)
- Round Two: Vail Valley, Avon, Colorado (August 4, 2018
- Round Three: Tempe Beach Park, Tempe, Arizona (September 22, 2018)
- Round Four: Charlotte, North Carolina (October 6, 2018)
- Gold Coast Tritons (Australia)
- Florida Sun (USA)
- Arizona Kingsnakes (USA)
- San Diego Stingrays (USA)
- Atlantic City Waves (USA)
- Toronto Freeze (Canada)
- Carolina Gliders (USA)
- Colorado Peaks (USA)
- Guardianes de Guadalajara (Mexico)
At every event, each athlete will swim 300 meters, bike four miles and run one mile, one at a time, before tagging their next teammate. The first team to have all four athletes cross the finish line will win.